Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Taking a que from Mr. Heller

Cruising through my iTunes I have reached the conclusion that I haven't heard/listened to (in recent history-read the last six months or longer) about 80% of my library.

Sooooo I decided to start schlepping music onto my mp3 player in alpha order according to album name. I did consider going forward from Z to A but after reviewing the ass end of the list I thought it would be better to go forward from A.

It's a good way for me to expose myself to new (read: forgotten/never before heard but none the less dated) music.Clarifying fact: the library was primarily built by Chris in accordance to his taste and I'm down to find music not previously exposed to in a big way.

Also, because I can't stream music at work, exposure to new (and fairly contemporary) artists is entirely limited to when I'm at home and able to groove to Pandora...and that's limited by the reality that my computer is in the dining room, allowing for little privacy/freedom to hear out artist that may be labeled as objectionable.\

So...anyways list of what to listen to until I'm done is as follows:
The Beatles-Abbey Road
Santana-Abraxis
U2-Achtung Baby
Violent Femmes- Add It Up 1981-1993
Smashing Pumpkins- Adore
Tool-Anemia
Aphrodite- Aftershock
Bad Religion- Against the Grain
Geino Yamashirogumi- Akira: Symphonic Suite/ Original Soundtrack

I can say with absolute sincerity that the only album on that list that I have never listened to in it's entirety (although I have heard tracks from it) is the Bad Religion Against The Grain. And with the exception of Add it Up and Aftershock I haven't listened to the other albums for several months....so it should be interesting.

No comments: