Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Friday June 27- wading through the mp3's

a part of me feels slightly compelled to start a whole seperate blog concerning this musical endeavor(that would be taking a cue from Greg)....and maybe I will (obviously I did)....but I haven't quite decided. okay.

So I had left my mp3 player at work for a few days after finishing listening to all the albums so I finally brought it home today to change out the albums Former playlist & thoughts:
The Beatles-Abbey Road
Maxwell's Silver Hammer...who knew serial killings could sound so damned chipper. This album is known for that famous pic of the Beatles walking across the album's namesake and it has several well known tracks off it but...it's not my favorite Beatles record. Nit I will say that I chuckled when I heard "Octopus' Garden" because of that scene in Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story.

Santana-Abraxas
I can't wait to get stoned and listen to this album...it begs for it (or maybe that's just me).

U2-Achtung Baby
This is one of my favorite U2 albums of all time. I do have to admit (and I've said this before) that I am so vain as to like the idea of someone, at some point in my life associating me with Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses and (this is both vain and cheesy) Mysterious Ways

Violent Femmes- Add It Up 1981-1993
This album makes me think of two things:
1) High School, specifically Cottonwood High Drama Department 2) My sister Ruth

Smashing Pumpkins- Adore
The single off of this record wasn't nearly as good as some of the other tracks. I was a jerk and didn't make notes as they came up so I can't make recommendations...so disregard this shit review.

Tool-Aenmia
I don't know why it took me years to listen to this album with headphones, and if you never have listened to it with headphones I strongly recommend doing it. Forty-Six just became one of my favorite songs of all time.

Aphrodite- Aftershock
I LOVE everything Aphrodite does and this album kicks ass. So...this is more or less a no brainer for me.

Bad Religion- Against the Grain
OKay, so for whatever reason I thought Bad Religion was some heavy metal band in the vein of AC/DC. Turns out they're this kick ass punk rockish band that I've heard for years on the radio, loved but never learned the name of the band. ...how embarassing... That aside, they are incredible and I now know why Chris rocks what appears to be their entire catalog.

Geino Yamashirogumi- Akira: Symphonic Suite/ Original Soundtrack

One of the better soundtracks I've heard. The only problem was that I really, really, really, really, really wanted to watch Akira after listening to it. That film is such a trip and I dig it. I remember seeing it when I was fifteen and being very confused by it, and have watched it several times over in the time since then and have found it imensely intriguing. It's been years since I've seen.

Hey Zen Ninja, you want to watch it together when I get back to S.C? I seem to recall you having that super sweet box set...please? OKay. So, now for round two.

Here's what I've got. And...I might just start a new blog (yeah I totally did)....
The list:
Alan Parson's Project- The Best of The Alan Parsons Project
Alanis Morissette- Alanis Unplugged
Faith No More- Album of the Year
Of Montreal- Alchilis Arboretum (one track)
Arlo Guthrie- Alice's Resturaunt
Alien Ant Farm- Alien Ant Farm Anthology
Flogging Molly- Alive Behind The Green Door
Steely Dan- Alive in America (LIve)
Roy Orbison- The All-Time Greatest Hits
Bad Religion- All Ages
Bjork- All is Full of Bjork
Plain White T's- All That We Needed (one track)
U2- All That You Can't Leave Behind
LL Cool J- All World: Greatest Hits

No comments: